The 76th Annual Stamp Exhibition of Southern California
2- 4 October 2020 - Cancelled 8/18/2020
We reviewed the St. Louis show, the situation in California, the pros and cons of holding a show, and discussed alternatives such as a local bourse. It is with regret that we decided to cancel SESCAL 2020 except for the Literature Exhibit and work toward and even better SESCAL 2021.
Note: The SESCAL 2020 Literature Exhibit of Articles is presented as a online virtual competition see https://sescal.org/literature-exhibit/. All entries are already in the judges hands and the exhibit is closed. New articles can not be accepted. Awards will be posted on 3 October, the date the awards banquet was planned.
The Federated Philatelic Clubs of Southern California was APS Chapter 246 and a 50+-year member of the American Philatelic Society. It was made up of local stamp clubs and local chapters of national societies. The Federated Philatelic Clubs of Southern California was an IRS 501(c)(4) not-for-profit organization.
The Federation sponsored the annual SESCAL stamp exhibition for 75 years. One of the features of the show’s annual awards banquet is the presentation of the Federation’s Distinguished Service Award. The Federation’s Exemplary Service Award, although rarely awarded, was also presented at SESCAL.
The area encompassed by the Federation was almost 12,000 square miles and extended from San Luis Obispo at the north 260 miles to San Diego at the south and 90 miles to the Riverside area at the east. In 2019 the Federation has 21 member organizations.
Officers of the Federation were members of those clubs/chapters. The $10 dues charged helped cover the cost of the old SESCAL website and the The Philatelic Review. Back issues of The Philatelic Review are available on this website. Member clubs supplied information about their successful activities to be published in The Philatelic Review. The Philatelic Review was normally published in digital format twice a year as new information from the clubs became available.
- AMERICAN FIRST DAY COVER SOCIETY, Claude C. Ries Chapter #48
- ARMENIAN PHILATELIC ASSOCIATION
- CHINA STAMP SOCIETY, Chia Nan Chapter
- ÉIRE PHILATELIC ASSOCIATION, Southern California Chapter
- Ebony Society of Philatelic Events and Reflections/ESPER, APS Affiliate 239
- First Stamps
- GOEBEL ADULT COMMUNITY CENTER STAMP CLUB
- HUGHES STAMP CLUB
- Mexico Elmhurst Society – Chapter #1
- ORANGE COUNTY PHILATELIC SOCIETY
- ORANGE SENIOR CITIZENS STAMP CLUB
- PHILATELIC 25
- PHILATELIC SOCIETY of LOS ANGELES
- POWAY STAMP CLUB
- RIVERSIDE STAMP CLUB
- SAN DIEGO COUNTY PHILATELIC COUNCIL
- SAN LUIS OBISPO PHILATELIC SOCIETY
- SIMI VALLEY STAMP AND COIN CLUB
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AIRMAIL SOCIETY
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA CHAPTER OF INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR JAPANESE PHILATELY
- STAMP SHOW HERE TODAY, Southern California Chapter
- VENTURA COUNTY PHILATELIC SOCIETY